“Going public” about our pregnancy at 12 weeks was a big milestone for us. Trying to keep quiet/white lie as to why I was lagging behind at Tri2O swim sessions and not faring where I would normally at Thames Valley X-Country Fixtures was not something I was coping terribly well with, but knew it was the right thing!
So, how do I feel now we are into our second trimester of pregnancy and how much exercise am I doing….
– I feel so much more energised than I did in the first trimester; I’m not wanting to fall asleep on the sofa at 8.30pm nor wanting to go straight back to bed once I’ve got up in the morning!
– My body shape is changing; which is something psychologically challenging to accept as I’ve always been one to like to keep my body in shape, but is also extremely exciting at the same time as I’m beginning to LOOK pregnant!!
– My exercise schedule really has diminished dramatically compared to what I was doing this time a year ago….but my goal this time a year ago was to qualify for the World Duathlon Championships where as my goal this year is to keep healthy and give birth to a healthy baby in 5 months time.
– I am enjoying keeping active by listening to my body and doing the exercise I want to do when I want to do it – this generally includes the following during a week; 1/2 x 3km swims, 2/3 x 20/30 minute brisk walk around the village, 2/3 x 5/6 mile steady runs a week, a cycle turbo session a week and at the moment I managing to make it to ParkRun most Saturdays as we have a few weeks off Reading Rascals for the Christmas break.
– Running at ParkRun enables me to meet up with familiar faces and running friends and feel NO pressure as to where I finish as everyone is there to support each other and now know why I’m being “conservative.”
The support and congratulations we have received from friends and family is amazing – thank you. We think the below has got to be the ‘creme de la creme’ though….it was hand delivered through our door whilst we were away for the Christmas break!!