Here at Barnes Fitness we love Sports Events – not only offering them for you to participate in but for us to participate in too… We have competed in all manor of Sports Events over the years from weekly ParkRuns, local Scout organised 10km runs, the GRIM challenge, the London Marathon, trekking to Mount Everest Base Camp and cycling Lands End to John O’Groats. Many people ask us why – so here are our thoughts on WHY!
WHY DO WE ENTER SPORTS EVENTS:
1. It gives us a very clear GOAL to work towards and purpose to train.
2. We have committed MONEY to the cause which we want to get value from!
3. We have met some great FRIENDS at sporting events over the years and see the sporting event as much of a social occasion as a workout!
4. Some events don’t quite go as we had hoped for one reason or another, and we are NOT ONES TO GIVE UP so enter ourselves into another event.
5. We love the sense of ACHIEVEMENT when we cross the finish line and are greeted by a welcome committee with medals/drinks. We can then go home and enjoy the rest of the day knowing we am doing something good for our health.
WHY DO WE ENJOY ORGANISING SPORTS EVENTS FOR YOU:
1. It gives you a CLEAR FOCUS for your training and enables you to structure your training accordingly.
2. For you to ENJOY – we do get a huge sense of satisfaction when we see happy runners before and after our events.
3. For you to ACHIEVE something you may have thought wasn’t possible – hopefully running 5 miles off road quicker than last time or maybe not even faster but more comfortably.
4. For you to meet new FRIENDS – everyone taking part is there because they have chosen to be, they could watching TV but you have decided a run around a Common is a more “enjoyable” use of time, you are like-minded.
5. To raise money for CHARITY – we work alongside several charities including Woking Hospice to help them continue the fantastic work they are doing.
Check out our Sports Events Homepage to see our next up and coming events – we make ALL abilities feel welcome and would love to see you BELIEVE TO ACHIEVE.
If you’re wanting to read more on different kinds of sports events that’s open for everyone to join, feel free to check out the events on https://www.business-on.de/stuttgart/sportregion-sportregion-newsletter-29-2015-_id8195.html.