Next week’s World Record Half Marathon Fastest Female pushing a double buggy attempt….
Thoughts about next week’s World Record Half Marathon Fastest Female pushing a double buggy attempt….
1. It’s made me train…. today I would have quite happily sat on the sofa and messed around with the kids rather than go out for a 10 mile run. #HaveAGoal
2. Any hill/slight incline with a pushchair feels like a mountain…. I have chosen to do this record attempt at Dorney Lake, BECAUSE IT’S FLAT! The girls weigh c.20kg collectively and the pushchair is c.13kg…so pushing 33kg up and over a small bridge 4 times is enough for me!
3. I’ve got to eat….it’s calorie zapping work… Am going to set a timer for every 30 minutes for my 2 jelly babies! Apparently the girls need snacks regularly too! I gave them each an apple today – worked wonders, kept them quiet biting the smallest bits off for 20+ minutes! Have also invested in some snack catcher boxes for them so they can self-select their snacks; that’s the theory! #FoodForFuel
4. The weather is out of my control…..it will be what it will be. TODAY WAS IDEAL (dry, no wind and comfortable temperature to run in shorts and vest), fingers crossed for the same on Saturday. I’m fearing windy conditions….have bought a wind/sun shade for the buggy to keep the girls protected if needed! #SkinIsWaterproof
5. I’ve come a long way in 9 weeks….having not run for 3 months prior due to a foot injury; 9 weeks ago I ran 1.5 miles with the buggy and have increased the mileage sensibly each week. #ProgressiveProgramme
6. I haven’t run 13 miles in training…..came across my mind today…BUT with my coaches’ hat on, this isn’t a problem and often with training programmes I write, I won’t have athletes run the distance prior. #BelieveToAchieve
Saturday 18 March, 9am – F3 Events Ltd Windsor & Eton Half Marathon