I am widely qualified and experienced within the fitness industry and I also compete at a high level so I know at first-hand what it’s like to set demanding goals and achieve them.
What really drives me, though, is going the extra mile to help others reach their goals — and then go on to set new ones.
From an early age, I’ve always enjoyed the health and social benefits of exercise and I played netball to a high standard through school, college and university. Then I discovered running — and also discovered I was good at it! As an elite runner I’ve achieved a personal best marathon time of 3hrs7minutes (Amsterdam, 2009) and half-marathon PB of 1hr23minutes (Reading 2015).
Now I focus on triathlon and duathlon and am proud to be a GB age group competitor, and even more proud to have won silver at the 2013 ITU World Standard Distance Duathlon Championships, bronze at the 2013 National Duathlon Championships and bronze at the 2015 ETU European Sprint Distance Duathlon Championships just 10 months after the birth of our first child and whilst 5 weeks pregnant with twins!
Since having twins in November 2015, I have kept active and introduced our girls to sport at an early age as they helped me achieve a Guiness World Record for the Fastest Half Marathon Pushing a Double Buggy in March 2017 in a time of 1hr47minutes in riduclously windy conditions at Dorney Lake, Eton!
Before launching Barnes Fitness in 2010, I worked as a corporate PA for five years and you can be assured that all those organisational skills aren’t going to waste!
- Level 2 Triathlon England Coach
- Level 1 UK Athletics Coach
- Certified UK Athletics Leadership in Running Fitness
- Premier Global Certificate in Circuit Training Instructing
- Level 3 Active IQ Personal Trainer
- Level 2 Active IQ Gym Instructor
- Premier Global Sports Massage Therapist
- Studio Cycling Instructor
- Open University Introduction to Human Nutrition
- Currently studying with Open University BSc Sport, Coaching & Fitness
Ellie’s Sporting Achievements
- First lady at Mapledurham 10 mile cross-country event
- Completed my first Half IronMan triathlon (1.9km swim/56 mile cycle/13.1 mile run) in 4hrs51minutes
- Guinness World Record Holder, Fastest Half Marathon Pushing a Double Buggy (1hr47mins)
- Silver medal at Triathlon England Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships
- Second lady at Binfield 10km
- Bronze medal at ETU European Sprint Distance Duathlon Championships, Alcobendas
- First lady at Reading Sprint Distance Triathlon, 10 weeks after birth of our first child
- Competed at ITU World Standard Distance Triathlon Championships, Hyde Park, London
- Silver medal at ITU World Standard Distance Duathlon Championships, Ottawa, Canada
- Bronze medal at National Duathlon Championships, Dambuster, Leicestershire
- Land’s End to John O’Groats cycle challenge (865 miles in eight days)
- Competed at ETU European Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships, Eilat, Israel
- Competed at ITU World Standard Distance Triathlon Championships, Auckland, New Zealand
- Summited Mount Kilimanjaro raising funds for Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Third 25-29 year old at Newbiggin Sprint Triathlon – qualification race for ETU Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships
- First lady at Swallowfield 10km
- First lady at Finch Coasters Woodland 5 (twice in 2011)
- Series winner at Guildford Aquathon
- First lady at Dorney Lake Sprint Triathlon
- First lady at Stoke Row 10km
- Series winner at Queen Mother Reservoir 10km 3 Race Series
- London Marathon, 3hrs11minutes
- Wokingham Half Marathon, 1hr27minutes
- First lady at Henley Half Marathon
- London Marathon, 3hrs19minutes
- Amsterdam Marathon, 3hrs7minutes – PB
- Lead-volunteer for “Everest 100” – Girlguiding UK’s adventure to celebrate their Centenary
- 3 Peaks Challenge
- PlayTex Marathon MoonWalk
- Shortlisted for “UK Sport’s Girls for Gold” Programme for rowing and cycling
Apologies in advance! Lol!”
Alison Millar, Reading